my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, September 1, 2013

What's Old is New Again

Last month on the Two Peas message board, we were having a chat about new trends at CHA. I brought up the fact that I couldn't understand why puffy stickers were making a comeback. Much to my surprise there are many puffy sticker fans, including Garden Girl, Corrie J. We had quite the discussion about the product and Corrie (the ultimate puffy-sticker-lover) told us to get prepared - she would be issuing a puffy sticker challenge in the near future. I (reluctantly) purchased a few packs of stickers from Two Peas in preparation for the challenge. I was so excited to see the 213 in 2013 video last week... Our challenge was finally here. By the way, Corrie's layout is absolutely STUNNING! If you'd like to see puffy sticker perfection, be sure to check out her gallery at Two Peas.

I've been going through some old photos and I found some snapshots from a trip to Jamaica in 1989. The hilarious thing about these photos is that we're dressed in neon clothing. Fast forward 24 years and neon is back, too! Seriously, what's next, shoulder pads? I decided to have some fun and combine the two and come up with something new. Here is my updated version of two resurging trends combined.


How fun is this layout? I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I've actually grown quite fond of the adorable, little puffy stickers. I suppose the lesson in this is to be open to new (old) things and never say never! Thanks C.J. for the challenge and the inspiration for this layout.

3 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out! And funny about your 80's clothes :) I should scrap some of my old photos....you've inspired me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great! I grew up in the '80s and have fond memories of sticker collections, including puffy stickers. And the neon - goodness. I like how you've incorporated both into your LO.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)