my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Easy Instagram Printing

I took a week off from my blog to go on vacation. We had an amazing time but it's always good to get home. Of course, I took tons of photos, including some Instagram pics on my phone. I just discovered an easy way to print Instagram pics and I thought I would share it with you. This is for those that do not wish to print from home. 1. Transfer pics to computer from phone. 2. Go to your favorite printing site (I happen to use Walmart.) 3. Select collage (8x10) and select your photos. **I found that if I select 6 photos per collage, I get 3x3 photos. You can also add more photos but you'll get a mix of sizes.** 4. Choose your border size and color. Here is what they will look like... (Click on image to enlarge)
Now, all I need to do is trim them down. I decided to use a thick border so I have the option of having a white border. Of course, you can always use Prinstagram or print from home, but this is such an easy and quick way to get the pics from your phone to your scrapbook pages! I hope you found this to be a helpful tip.

12 comments:

  1. This is cool, I love printing my instagram piccies for my Scrapbooking! www.ausscrapbookingdiva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much for this!!! I couldn't come up with any idea on my own- and dreaded using one of those mail-order instagram printing apps. This is nearly instant! Love it!
    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I will share this with my daughter who prints the instagram photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left a comment here- but maybe I didn't do the word verification thing- and now- I'm just back to work after picking up my prints- thank you again! I'm gonna link to this from my blog when I write about getting my prints today- this is too cool. (Promise, I'm not even gonna do that shady thing of acting as if *I* just came up with the idea!)

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it! For some reason it had your comments (and a couple of others) in spam. Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. haha- no apologies needed- I bet I didn't type in the word and numbers and ancient secret text exactly correct. Their word verification is getting tougher by the DAY- I took it off my blog- and still, only three spam comments appeared since- and they were still caught and sent to the spam folder. Now, every time I leave a comment somewhere, I hold my breath while waiting to see if a CAPTCHA pops up! lol

      I *promise* I wasn't being one of those 'WHERE MY COMMENT DID YOU DELETE IT?! THIS IS CENSORSHIP!' people- I was concerned you wouldn't see my love for your post and could possibly be blindsided by me linking to you- I wanted to tell you I wanted to do it, first, in case you wanted to say 'NO! I don't want to have anything to do with your horrible blog!' lol

      sorry- I'm still rambling everywhere I go...

      -kory

      Delete
  5. I've used Prinstagram and I love it. Will try out your method too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I like your idea and used it to print a bunch of photos through Walmart. Now I'm having issues though, because the collage program changed the size of the photos so they aren't uniform. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you had issues! This was a couple of years ago when I posted this. How many photos were you trying to fit on one page? I used 6 on an 8x10 collage to get uniform sizes. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. I quite like reading an article that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment! cartes de visite

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)