My last project for the Core' Crop is Char's Antiquing Challenge. Here are a few pics of the process. I started off with a sheet of Jenni Bowlin Core' Collection because I love the embossed script. I decided to use distress inks to highlight the script instead of sanding it.
Now comes the fun part... I took a piece of Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress collection and started crumpling the edges. It doesn't matter if you get a few tears, it adds more texture to it. I then sanded the edges and used my Basic Grey distressing tools to add more detail. *After I took this pic, I decided to switch from a brown background to an olive green.*
For finishing touches, I added some burlap, twine, and a wooden button. One great advantage to Core' cardstock, is that you can also use it as regular cardstock which I did on this layout for matting the photos.