my favorite things

my favorite things

Friday, February 5, 2016

Mood Board Inspiration

Do you love mood board inspiration as much as I do? Today, at Paper Issues, the February mood board is up and it's gorgeous! When Mary-Ann first posted it, I gasped and was instantly inspired by the colorful, whimsical hearts on the bottom right.


Since I knew I was be adding several mixed media layers, I started with Strathmore Acrylic paper, 246 lb. To keep it from warping, I taped it down to a board and also added a layer of gesso to prep the paper. For color inspiration, I used a photo of my cat, sitting on my lap in my craft room. I grabbed several paints, stencils (The Crafter's Workshop & Heidi Swapp), rub-ons, waterproof pens, stamps, and started playing.


At one point, I couldn't decide if I loved or hated it, but I kept pressing on and I'm so glad I did. Since the background is so busy, I matted the photo with patterned paper (Shimelle) and used the glassine bag from my Paper Issues Swag Bag. The Amy Tangerine foam Thickers were perfect for the layout but too white and clean, so I got messy and altered them. For the finishing touches, I added the ribbon clip from the January Swag Bag and the wooden arrow/heart from Crate Paper's Hello, Love collection.


I had such a blast getting dirty with this mood board! Although my scrap style is typically clean and photo-focused, it's fun to let loose and mix it up from time to time. I hope you're as inspired by this beautiful board as I was. Be sure to add your creations to the Paper Issues {Friends & Fans} Facebook page - you may win a store gift certificate! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments. To see more Pinspire Me creations by the Paper Issues DT, click here. Wishing you a lovely, creative day!

2 comments:

  1. First up, I love, love, love your your mood board-inspired layout! 246 lb. paper? Oh my. I can't wait to go home and get messy. The layout, of course, brought me here where I instantly fell in love with your studio. The photo is fabulous - did you process it using a filter? My photos never look like that, LOL. And as I'm already gushing, I have to add I adore the bird art on your wall. May I ask who the artist is?
    Thanks for a heap o' inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Keitha! I'm not sure which photo you're talking about... I usually brighten photos up a bit with Photoshop or PicMonkey but not a specific filter.

    The bird print is a reproduction by F. de Villeneuve.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)