my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Scraproom Organization

These two words can strike fear into the heart of any scrapper, but I happen to love organization and the challenges it brings. As all hoarders/scrappers know, the hardest thing is to stay organized while trying to scrap, purge, and introduce new products into your space. I do purge quite often (I happen to love shows like, Clean House and Hoarders), they remind me to let some things go that I know I will NEVER use. I must tell you that my first scraproom was my dining room table and then I graduated to my unfinished basement with a space heater and folding tables. My point is, no matter what the size or state of your current space, organization is the key (in my opinion) to making it work. Although I did make a video of scraproom organization here, I have since acquired a passion for mixed media, as well, so I had to do some shifting in my space. I thought I would share with you some detailed pics of the end result.
These nifty little bins from Target are great! When I'm painting, I just pull out the bin and have all my paints, pens, etc. right at my fingertips.
This is how I store my scraps. It's so easy - just grab a folder out and flip through to see what's available!
Thickers/Alphas storage (bins from Target.)
Look at these adorable ceramic fruit baskets (I need a few more of these!) They're perfect for twine, washi tape, etc.
I've decided to turn the area above my cutting station into my mixed media wall. It's great because it's tucked away and I can just add pieces as I create them.
The following are just a few, random pics of how I organize misc. things: Ribbon:
Kits (waiting to be used or deconstructed)
Last, but not least, I aways keep an empty Art Bin, so that I can clean my desk off in a moment's notice. You don't think my table always looks this clean, do you? :)
I hope there is something I've shared that you'll find useful. I would love to hear/see how you organize your space. Please feel free to share your comments or even better, put a link in the comments to your space!

18 comments:

  1. Great tips. I like the idea of having an empty artbin to clean up quickly when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your room. It must be so much fun to scrap in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your setup is amazing! I need to have you organize my room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous room and awesome organization!! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so very orderly - well done. I store my scraps the same way you do. I doubt I keep things as cleared and put away as you do though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, when are you making the trip here to organize for me? I can't believe how super organized you are! I have some of those target bins in green too... love those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlfriend, you seriously have an amazing space! Even if my space looked this beautiful, it would probably only look this organized -- once! I think you could take on a side line of work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great space! And love that you provide such a fabulous "tour" of your space with the photos & labels above!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your space!Everything seems to have a place of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I need to have an empty bin to clear off the "now" because the dining room table is where I work the most! Love your mixed media wall, too! I really enjoyed visiting your blog today, linking through from Cocoa Daisy! :) Lisa (jjflair)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at your space. It is truly amazing to see such an organized space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. I love seeing posts like this with everyone's little organizational tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sherry, your scrap space is to die for! Love it and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)