my favorite things

my favorite things

Friday, September 20, 2013

Blast From the (Scrappy) Past

If you've been scrapbooking for a few years, you may remember the Making Memories Tag Maker. It's one of those tools that I "had" to have and used only a couple of times. The other day I happened upon this forgotten tool in my drawer along with all the neglected tag shapes. Since frames are all the rage these days, I thought it would be fun to use the tag shapes as frames. Currently Cocoa Daisy has a challenge to create a layout using Alissa's style. As I was looking through her gallery, I was inspired by a layout she created using stamped frames. I decided this challenge would be a perfect match for me to use the tag maker. Here are some of the shapes. Initially I thought I would spray paint the tags, but as the layout started coming together, I realized the silver looked great with the color scheme I had chosen.


Talk about falling in love with something all over again. I now need to search the web to acquire more of these little cuties. I have lots of ideas spinning around in my crafty head. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used the tags on this pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tags as frames are just perfect. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. Love your tags. I'll have to dig my tool out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page. Love your tags. I'll have to dig my tool out

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)