my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, January 11, 2015

YouTube for Inspiration

I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to YouTube videos. This week the lovely and talented Wilna uploaded a layout/tutorial that instantly got me inspired. Hip Kit Club's January kit was perfect for this tutorial. Part of her tutorial was painting white, die cut words with gelatos and using ribbons to match the selected colors. The Jan kit came with watercolor words (Dear Lizzy), it was a scrappy sign, for sure! :) I found a beach pic that I love and pulled out some Gelatos and paint to match the colors in the photo.


I then painted the words with the gelatos and some watered down paint. Just a quick tip, try not to over-saturate the words, they can tear quite easily. The paint color I chose to represent the sand was a little to warm, so I toned it down with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I decided instead of matching ribbons, I would color my own using Pink Paislee's Mistables ribbon. I didn't want my ribbon to have any sheen and the linen texture of the Mistables ribbon is fabulous.



With just a few more embellishments from the kits, my layout was complete! If you haven't checked out YouTube for inspiration, you don't know what you're missing. Warning - It will be habit-forming. :) If you'd like to see Wilna's video, click here. If you are a YouTube junkie like me, please share some of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)