my favorite things

my favorite things

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Creating Backgrounds with Stamps

This week's challenge at Hip Kit Club is a recipe challenge. It must include aqua, navy, pink, gold, use triangles,add stitching,and have something sparkly! To be honest, triangles are not my go-to design element, but the whole point of challenges is to be pushed out of the rut of sameness. I happen to have a fabulous triangle stamp in my stash (Cocoa Daisy), and pulled out my mini Distress inks and created a fun patterned paper.


I cut triangles from patterned paper and stitched a little banner to layer behind the Crate Paper chipboard banner. Several layers of Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder were used on the Dear Lizzy die cut word. To tone down the gold in the banner, I dabbed Brilliance (Platinum Planet) on it. I love the way it softens it; so pretty!

This layout is a personal pep-talk to myself. I needed this today, perhaps I should hang it in my scrap space as a daily reminder. :) Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)