my favorite things

my favorite things

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Getting Sketchy - Cherish

Hello, friends! It's Sketch Saturday with Paper Issues! This fab sketch was created by Amy Coose for Paper Issues.

Here is my take on the sketch:


Since this layout is for my December album, I switched it to 8.5x11. I started with Pinkfresh Studio's Christmas Wishes collection and layered scraps behind the photo. I altered the Amy Tangerine foam Thickers with paint, inks, and pens. Although I loved the white, I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit. Since I used the wood-grained Christmas tree, I wanted to add a few more wooden elements to the layout.


Sketches are such a fun and easy way to get your mojo running! I'd love to see what you create, be sure to share in the Sketchy Saturday challenge thread. Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, everytime you post a layout I say it's my favorite! Love what you did with the Thickers.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)