my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Strong Girls

This month's exclusive papers from Cocoa Daisy (Stephanie Wheeler), have to be my all-time favorite. As soon as I opened the box, I was inspired to create. The floral paper was my starting point, and although I love the printable by My Mind's Eye, I felt the gold was a little bright for the photo I wanted to use for this layout.

I decided to copy the printable onto vellum and I was pleasantly surprised how it turned out. The only problem was the paper was too busy showing underneath the vellum. I played around for a bit with layers of vellum, cardstock, etc. and then I layered the vellum over the printable and that's when the magic happened. I realized if I offset it just a bit, the gold came through and created the softest shadow.


I stitched the vellum onto the printable and fussy cut some of the paper to add dimension. I knew the quote, "She believed she could so she did" was perfect for this photo of me with my mom and daughter. We are strong-willed, determined, feisty girls! ♥

1 comment:

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)