my favorite things

my favorite things

Friday, April 18, 2014

New Kits Meets UFO

I've had beach photos matched up with patterned paper for almost two years, just waiting for some scrappy mojo. Every few weeks I would spread everything out on my desk and wait for the magic and I got nothing. I knew I love the photos with the paper but still couldn't get it together. Last Sunday, Studio Calico posted a sketch challenge and I really wanted to play along. I took out the beloved photos and paper and started looking at the last few kits I've received. I finally started feeling it and ended up creating a two-page layout that I LOVE! I think it may be my new favorite.


I love how the Studio Calico kraft die cuts pair beautifully with the My Mind's Eye paper (indie chic), and how the mixed alphas, buttons, and chipboard hearts pull the layout together. Don't ever give up on photos and paper that you love, it will eventually come together, if you're patient!

Wishing you all a blessed Easter weekend. We had a couple of surprises pop out of our bunny hole today... Meet Patches and Frosty!

4 comments:

  1. What cute bunnies! Love the LO too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove your color choice, and that embellished cloud is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages. I sometimes match photos and paper right away too - but then often leave them for a long time before finishing up. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)