my favorite things

my favorite things

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Combining Challenges

Yesterday I was instantly inspired by Kim's Cocoa Daisy challenge. Kim has gorgeous style and uses lots of white on her layouts. They're always fresh and bright and I couldn't wait to give it a try. I love this snapshot of my son's first goal for his middle school team. I decided to play off of the red and white of the uniforms. Cocoa Daisy's Feb. kit has a brand-new, hot-off-the-press Crafters Workshop pie chart stencil designed by Ronda Palazzari. I started with the stencil and Mister Huey's color mist. I wanted the design to pop, so I used a Zig Emboss Writer and used various colors of Zing embossing powders to add some color and dimension. I then cut pieces of the pie from vellum and machine stitched it to the pie chart. A few Kaisercraft red pearls and some wood veneer and my pie chart was complete.


I then decided to use Stephanie's Feb. sketch challenge and create a two-page layout. I'm really happy with this fun, fresh layout and it all began with a challenge. If you're stuck creatively, a challenge is a great place to start! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome sports page! I love the stitched pie chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry! I love what you did with Ronda's stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design!
    I love the grid feel to it and the pie chart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific sport page. Love how you used the pie chart (I never used my pie chart stamp I got in a kit). Lucky you got that photo. We were cheering and yelling so much when my son scored his first high school touch down, the only video I got was what my husband caught as he was waving his arms and jumping up and down (mostly sky)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the pie chart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, this inspires me to use my embossing powder on my next layout. Love the colors in your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh! I absolutely love the creativity of your pie-chart, Sherry! Such a nice page!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)