my favorite things

my favorite things

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Newest Obsession...

Is embossing! I just love that I can add dimension to my favorite stamps! For this layout, I stamped 100% Brave Girl with VersaMark on different colors of cardstock. I then added fun colors of Zing Embossing Powder and heat set the words. I then cut out the pieces to mimic the patterned paper. Foam pop-up pieces were used to add even more dimension to the page. I then got really brave and tried it on a Flair badge -- and much to my surprise, it actually worked. I was afraid the plastic on the badge would melt, but luckily, it didn't.
Sometimes I add random things that aren't really "scrapbook" items to my layouts. Check out this cute Post-It note from Target... I just stamped the Post-It note with the just a note stamp from Studio Calico! ♥
My tip of the day: Don't just collect embossing powders so they look pretty on your shelf -- grab your heat gun and have some fun! *************************************************** Products used: Studio Calico Summer of '69 kit, Flair Badge, Smash Tape, Zing Embossing Powder, Glitz Teeny Alpha, Technique Tuesday stamps

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I am totally going to grab some of those Post-Its next time I'm in Target...they make awesome journaling spots! And I also love embossing. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been ages since I used my embossing powders, and I've been thinking recently that I need to pull them out again. Thanks for the kick in the rear!! It was just the motivation I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I spilled my black powder everywhere. I am such a clutz. Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! I love the Zing and try to use it when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layout! Love embossing myself.. Have Zing in a lot of colors:-) It's such a fun product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how that turned out Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I need to try out some embossing myself, I bought a heat gun and never used it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute, Sherry. I actually have been collecting Zing lately, just because I like it on my shelf. Ok, now you have inspired me. Thanks, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find the just a note stamp?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)