my favorite things

my favorite things

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Scrapping with Core'dinations

Core'dinations is hosting their first crop and I thought it would be fun to play along. The first challenge I've completed is Kristine's sketch challenge. Here is my take...
I started with a piece of Black Magic Core' Impressions (Basic Grey Whimsy) because I love the color on the b-side! I cut a piece from the Core', sanded the black side so the color would show through, flipped it over, and taped it on the back.
I stamped the journaling circle with VersaMark and got fancy with some Zing Embossing Powder and I LOVE how it turned out!
Just look at all the texture you can achieve with Core'. I happen to love this pattern because it's already embossed and makes sanding that much easier. If you've never tried Core'dinations Cardstock, give it a try - it's so much fun to create with it. Here is the Challenge list, check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Sherry! This is cool!
    I love the way you used both the debossed and embossed sides of the Core! And the stamp embossed journal circle looks fab!

    Glad that you are playing along with the Hard Core Crop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are too many cool ideas in this one layout that I cant figure out if I'm about to hyperventilate or if my head is going to explode. Cutting the piece and flipping it around is the smartest thing Ive seen in ages, i cant wait to try that out, too cool. Way too cool.

    Kory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how clean this layout is. And the color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that pattern resembles the braces! And I agree with Kory--cutting out, flipping over, and taping--Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! Love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)